Achieving positive outcomes for Albertans and their communities will require a focused set of strategic directions.
Some of the required actions will affect the entire system of supports—the way it operates, its overall ability to deliver results, and how it makes progress towards the desired outcomes. Each of these directions reflect the strategic focus on creating a social policy system that delivers results, and they will be supported by the Framework’s commitment to accountability and reporting.
In alignment with the social policy goals, three overarching directions that affect the entire system and its strategies will support the Social Policy Framework:
- We transform systems and relationships to produce better outcomes for all Albertans.
- We orient practices, delivery systems, and culture to the Framework principles and outcomes.
- We implement transformational initiatives.
- We use the Social Policy Framework as a tool to generate alignment across policy domains and tools.
- We use policy as an outcome-based tool to create new opportunities in improved ways.
- We provide incentives and encouragement for innovation that achieves agreed-upon outcomes
- We work together to achieve positive social outcomes.
- We develop broad coalitions to resolve challenges.
- We all share a common language and a common vision for the future.